Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Peach and Apricot Pie

Sorry I didn't get a chance to post last night. I finished my project but was too tired to walk through it last night so to make up for it today I have two projects.


Or rather a recipe and a project. Peach and Apricot Pie. 


The crust
      • 2 1/2 cups flour
      • 1 tsp salt
      • 2 Tbsp sugar
      • 1 1/2 cups chilled butter ( I freeze it)
      • 1/2 cup chilled shortening 
      • 6+ Tbsp Cold water

Mix flour, salt and sugar. Use a grater to grate the butter and shortening in. Toss to coat. sprinkle in water and fold to mix. Shape into a ball. Cover and refrigerate for about half an hour before rolling. Roll dough on lightly floured surface and trim to fit pan. (I made small ones with a special pan I received for Christmas so mine made  4 small pies)

For the filling
  • 15oz can peaches, drained
  • 2 15oz cans apricots,drained
  • 1 Tbsp corn starch
  • 3Tbsp sugar
  • 1 tsp cinnamon 
 Mix all ingredients and spoon into crust, add top crust seal edges and add a few slices in the top to vent steam. brush top with milk and sprinkle with sugar if desired. Bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes

The mix of fruits is surprisingly good. I hope you enjoy this little treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment