Thursday, January 24, 2013

Super Easy Ruffle Scarf

Super Easy Ruffle Scarf

I didn't have much time after finishing my housework to do much crafting and my husband made dinner so I didn't have a recipe to share so I figured I would do something fun and fast. I made a Loom Knit Ruffle Scarf. It turned out like this:
I think since I learned to make these my flower loom has become my favorite. I again used my knifty knitter flower loom and just one skein of Red-heart Boutique Sashay.

If you use all of the pegs there will be too much tension and the yarn will break so I only use every other peg. To make this easier to track I take out the pegs I don't use.
If you look at the Sashay yarn you will notice that it looks like a web with a band along the top. This band is the part to focus on as you knit.

The smaller holes in the top band will slip right over the pegs of your loom. Don't pull too tight there will be holes in between the pegs, that is fine that is where the ruffles come in.
Keep wrapping going around the circle until you have two strands on each peg letting the weave go to the inside of the loom. Knit off.
It will start looking like a tube with just a couple ruffles on the end. That's good. The ruffles are on the inside. 
To bind off I just used a crochet hook to go through each peg and pull the end strand through. Tie the end in a gathering knot. And begin turning the scarf inside out by gently pulling the center ruffles down through the bottom. Keep doing this until you reach the end and your scarf is ready to wear.
I hope you enjoy making and wearing your scarf as much as my daughter likes mine.


1 comment:

  1. first time I ever saw anyone use the yarn upside down; the sparkly band is made to be at the bottom and the wide, top holes go on the pegs. but, whatever works and however you like it...

    ReplyDelete